have you overpaid Stamp Duty ?

It is reported between £2-£4 billion is overpaid in stamp duty every year

You may be entitled to compensation

What is Stamp Duty

Land Tax?

Check if I can make a claim?

If you fall into one of the below categories it may be possible for you to make a claim and My Stamp Duty Reclaim help you to claim

There are three steps to check for a SDLT rebate claim

  1. We will establish if you’re eligible
    We’ll obtain information from you about your property, and assess the eligibility of your claim.
  2. We will obtain the necessary documentation and submit claim
    Our legal team will compile and submit the claim to HMRC on your behalf, as well as defend any possible challenges.
  3. You can expect your refund within 6-8 weeks of submitting the claim to HMRC, should your application be accepted.

Are you eligible

for a refund?

Stamp Duty FAQ.

In 2019, a First Tier Tribunal heard a case known as ‘The Bewley Case’ (P N Bewley Ltd v HMRC [2019] TC6951) that set a further legal precedence for reducing high rates of Stamp Duty. Bewley successfully argued that, since his property suffered from substantial defects at the time of purchase, he should have been charged the non-residential rate of stamp duty, rather than the higher residential rate.
The Tribunal ruled that where a residential property was not suitable for use as a dwelling, the lower non-residential rate of stamp duty should have been applied. We can advance claims based on the following (non-exhaustive list of) defects:

  • Defective Heating System
  • Unsafe Electrics
  • Damp/Mould/Rot
  • Structural Issue
  • Non-operational Bathroom or Kitchen
  • Subsidence
  • Asbestos
  • Severe Roof Leaks

If you purchased a residential property which suffered from any of the above, or similar defects, you might be eligible for a stamp duty rebate.

Yes there is. To reclaim an overpayment from HMRC the deadline is usually 12 months and 14 days from when you paid the stamp duty. In extremely limited circumstances that deadline can be extended up to 4 years and 14 days. If you are too late to claim the repayment from HMRC (which is usually a quicker and more certain process) you can bring a court claim against a professional advisor if their advice or work was negligent and it caused you to overpay.
What are your fees you charge ?
We operate on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.
In the case of a successful claim, our service charge is 30% + VAT of the total rebate